Sunday, July 18, 2010

Music can go a long way

Goodness, somehow 15 days passed without a new post! I received a lovely comment from Marina over at Adventures in Children's Publishing, and realized that I had left you all hanging. I guess I got caught up in summer. Oops!

Speaking of caught up in summer affairs, this past weekend I went to the National Folk Festival in Butte, Montana. It was pretty awesome, but it's going to be in Nashville for the next three years, which is a bit out of my range, unfortunately. Anyway, I think it's amazing how inspirational music can be. I don't know about anyone else, but I've always liked to make little soundtracks for my novels. It's a good way to get yourself in the mood instead of puttering around on the internet for 45 minutes. That way the instant you turn on a song, you're thinking about your story. Or at least, that's the plan.

I mostly listen to modern rock, but I'm pretty tolerant of everything, and it shows in my music library. What about you guys? Is there anything in particular that sparks your writing? Last NaNo I wrote about my soundtrack, which is pretty limited, but you can check it out here and here if you want.

1 comment:

  1. Well ever time I here 1973 by James Blunt I want to go work on that Nano. I don't think I associate any other music with any of my other Nano's so perhaps that is the one I will work on the next time I go to a cafe.

    ReplyDelete