Sunday, June 27, 2010

Author Bio: Sarah

Name: Sarah Robertson (and my username is mizutaka)

Genre: Mostly novel-length speculative fiction of the sci-fi sort, but I've written short stories of the literary fiction sort and I've been dabbling in fantasy, steam punk, and realistic fiction. I don't like to limit myself to one thing, and I tend to write different things in order to challenge archetypes.

Works in Progress: Many. I have seven novel-length works, which is a little pathetic, and multiple short stories that I've been tinkering around with for a while. I won't get into any details now, but stuff to look out for in the future: Kaleidos, AROS, Lazuli, Kai Story, Treese Story, Epic, and Good Drinks.

Bio: We thought it was a cute title, but writer's block sucks and I'm the S in BS, which doesn't bode well for me I suppose. Maybe I'll just pretend we're yelling BS to writer's block. Hmm. Anyway, I've been writing since before I can remember and my first "book" was titled Nicki and Noel. It was about a cat and a dog who ended up in a situation that was somewhat similar to the movie Milo and Otis. Only different. To my mother's chagrin, I proceded to give this book away. Since then I wrote a bunch of terrible things in middle school, messed around on fanfiction.net, and went to the University of Montana for creative writing. I've participated in NaNoWriMo annually since 2006, which is always an interesting experience, but sadly have yet to complete a novel-length story. On the other hand, I do have some short stories and one of them, titled "Copernicus Goes to London the Third," was published in the 2010 edition of Scribendi, which is cool. Right now I'm in a post-graduation funk and trying to get stuff done, so wish me luck, yes?

1 comment:

  1. You don't need luck, remember what Neil Gaiman thinks of you. Just Write! Pull out the Novel and Short Stories Market book and look for places to submit and start doing it.

    ReplyDelete